Right and relevant keywords play a major role in your website ranking on search engines. Having the proper keywords in relevant areas will boost the chances of your page rank to even the first page, however, multiple factors should also contribute. By doing proper keyword research one can find the relevant and focussed keywords for the domain. Along with keyword research, keyword rank tracking is important to maintain a good rank on search engines. Most of the bloggers and website owners make a common mistake of ignoring the importance of keywords and tracking their positions frequently.
Said that the other important thing most people miss when running a blog or website is tracking their positions for the keywords they used. Your task doesn’t get completed after you simply insert some high-search volume keywords and then leave, you need to check frequently about how those keywords are performing for your domain. This not only helps you know if your rank(for particular keywords) is constant or varying but also helps you analyze your traffic for those keywords. Thus you can decide if those are your focussed keywords or not.
Finding the right keywords is not a difficult task. Wondering how? There are amazing keyword position checker tools available that help you know a lot about your keyword positions on different search engines especially Google, as it is the giant search engine. You can start building powerful backlinks once after you embed your website or web page or blog with relevant and strong keywords.
Why should you use Google keyword rank tracking tool?
- Tracking the keywords of your website is crucial because not every day your keywords sit in the same position.
- There are numerous existing and new domains in the industry that give you tough competition.
- You need to know if your web page ranks for a wrong keyword.
- You need to add on new strategies to stand out among your peers or at least sustain the same rank.
- The keyword position tracking software helps you find the ranks of your keywords saving the time and detects the rank drop.
Thus you can maintain a constant increase in the graph of your keyword positions.
So, let us compare 10 Google keyword position checker tools to pick the best one for performing SEO for your website.
Comparison of 10 Keyword Rank Tracking Tools
|Keyword Position Checker Tool
|Name of the Tool
|Link Assistant Rank Tracker
|Visit Rank Tracker
|Moz Rank Tracker
|Contact Customer Support
|Visit Rank Tracker
|Majestic Keyword Checker
|Visit Majestic Keyword Checker
|Visit Authority Labs
Here are 10 top keyword position checker tools that help you track Google keyword rankings for you. Let’s have a look at them.
SEMrush is one of the best tools that does keyword research, keyword rank tracking, competitor analysis and so on. This is the #1 tool recommended by most digital marketers and blogs including Myvu.
Tons of loaded features are the reason for the success of SEMrush in the SEO industry, not to mention the affordability. You find the right keywords to run your SEO and PPC campaigns. A deep and accurate data of phrase matches, related keywords and long-tail keywords. Competitor analysis becomes quite easy with SEMrush for each keyword and landing page.
Also, SEMrush provides you the correct data of keyword rankings for different devices and locations.
SEMrush makes it pretty easy to research keywords. All you have to do is create an account and enter a keyword or domain or URL of your website or webpage. That’s it! You get the related keywords and the keywords you have on your web page if else you gave your URL and check the positions of your keywords on Google. Let us make clearer about how to do keyword research and track keywords position of this incredible keyword position checker tool.
How to do keyword research on SEMrush?
- Register for an account or simply grab the 7-days free trial to enjoy the benefits of SEMrush.
- You will see a search box on the dashboard, or you can simply click on domain analytics.
- Enter any keyword or topic for which you want to perform keyword research.
- And done. You will get huge information about the volume of all relevant keywords along with the type of traffic(organic or paid).
- You can also find the keywords present on your blog or web page by simply entering the URL.
How to track the keyword positions using SEMrush?
- Go to your SEMrush dashboard, you can see Projects as shown in the below screenshot.
- Tap on it, you will find Position Tracking(find in the image).
- Click on Position Tracking, enter your domain and click on set up.
- You can select different search engines such as Google, Baidu and select devices such as mobile, desktop, and tablet.
- Set your location and tap on keywords available in the bottom.
- You get a new dialogue box where you can enter keywords manually or from the campaign or from SEMrush or Google Analytics.
- Click on add project and start tracking.
- Here you can opt for weekly updates for receiving the report of your keyword position tracking.
- Thus, you can track visibility, traffic, position, SERP features, top competitors and the list goes on.
This way, SEMrush stands top providing you all the necessary insights for improving your website or blog ranking on Google search results. SEMrush not only acts as your keyword rank tracking software but also helps you build and track backlinks, PPC, social media ads etc.
Out of all these, the best part with SEMrush is it offers a 7-day free trial. Also, you can access almost every benefit of SEMrush with this free trial, isn’t it cool?
SEMrush Pricing Details
Though SEMrush allows you to perform keyword research and keyword rank tracking with a free account, the premium plans provide you more benefits such as exporting the data, advanced tools for in-depth SEO, paid ads projects etc. So, have a look at the pricing of its three plans.
- Pro: It costs $99.95/month.
- Guru: It costs $199.95/month.
- Business: It costs $399.95/month.
However three of the plans have 7-day free trials. To understand more about this incredible SEO software, its features, benefits, limitations and detailed pricing, read the complete SEMRush review.
Link Assistant rank tracker is one of the fastest keyword rank tracking tools for checking keyword position and performing keyword research. You can download the rank tracker for absolutely and check the positions of your keywords regularly. Create an account and enter your domain, focussed keywords, or link with your Google analytics. Link Assistant will show you the fastest and most accurate results.
Link Assistant Rank Tracker is known for its unlimited data. Yes, you can track keywords, check SERPs, analyze keyword performance unlimited times. You will not get any pop up saying your chances are ended, upgrade to premium. Cool right? More than 2 million customers including Amazon.com, Disney, IBM, Toshiba etc. used Rank Tracker for growing their businesses. So, choosing this as your keyword rank tracking software is definitely not a bad idea, you will be in perfect hands that help you with amazing data.
The other best part is you can track your keyword positions for different locations and the tool gives you accurate results for the exact location. Also, you will get the keywords according to the priority which is easy for you to pick one.
Rank Tracker is integrated with 23 keyword tools such as Google Adwords, Google Autocomplete, Google Related Searches, Bing Search Suggestions, Yahoo Search Assist etc. With a group of different tools, you can get thousands of keyword ideas which you can carefully implement.
The other great features available with Rank Tracker are its handy automation and custom ranking reports. You do not need to check your website search engine rankings each day, the tool lets you schedule a time for checking the ranks automatically. Therefore you will see the reports as soon as you enter the dashboard, no more time wasted. Also, the reports are truly customizable for different devices. This makes it easy for you to share the reports with your clients.
So now, let us see how to check keyword positions on search engines and perform keyword research with Link Assistant Rank Tracker.
How to track keyword positions with Rank Tracker?
- Download the Link-Assistant Rank Tracker that is available for a free and unlimited test drive.
- The download and installation just take 10-15 minutes.
- Create an account for free on Rank Tracker, enter your domain. The application asks you to integrate with Google Analytics, you can do that if you want to embed your keywords.
- Set the preferable location, search engine and devices.
- You can insert unlimited keywords manually and check their positions and keyword difficulty, keyword volume, Google rank, Google mobile rank, ranking pages URL.
- When you want to revisit your keyword tracking page, just click Target Keywords at the left side of the dashboard, you will see Rank Tracking followed by Rank Summary.
How to perform keyword research on Rank Tracker?
- Keyword researching is pretty simple with Rank Tracker.
- If you are already on rank tracking, then you can see check rankings along with update SEO/PPC data, update traffic, add keywords, check competitors etc.
- Just click on Check Rankings and you can view your keyword ranks also the difficulty score, inlink rank, domain inlink rank, sites linking to page and site linking to the domain.
- The other way is to click on Keyword Research on the left side of the dashboard.
- You can access all the keywords available on your domain, their ranks, URL, volume, competition etc.
- This is the best way to know the keywords in your domain.
Link Assistant Pricing Details:
Other than keyword research and keyword rank tracking, if you want to access more SEO tools, then Link Assistant offers you two best plans.
- Professional plan: $299/year
- Enterprise plan: $699/year
- Free plan: $0 for download
You can also avail Link Assistant Rank Tracker Enterprise plan for 7 days with free-trial. It doesn’t ask you for credit card details or any commitment.
AccuRanker is one of the fastest keyword rank trackers in the world. If you are the one who chooses a paid tool over free tools for the most accurate results, then AccuRanker is the best choice for you. This is an amazing Google keyword position checker tool that updates you with fresh results for every hour. Let us see features offered by AccuRanker for growing your business.
- An accurate data of your keyword positions.
- Historical data is available so that you can easily compare the graph of your keyword rankings.
- You can add multiple domains under an account and manage to view your keyword rankings and other factors.
- Accuranker helps you in keyword rank tracking and keyword research for various search engines like Google, Bing, Yandex and Youtube.
- Access to unlimited users which means you can grant access permission to an unlimited number of teammates and clients.
- Multiple 3rd-party integrations such as Databox, Google sheets, Google analytics, Adobe analytics etc. and you can access from any device.
- The advanced reporting allows you to send the data report to your clients every month on the same day you scheduled.
- Reliable customer support, useful knowledgebase articles and help guides.
How to use AccuRanker for keyword research and keyword rank tracking?
- The paid keyword position checker tool eases your work with automation.
- All you need to do is purchase a professional plan by simply signing up. You will receive an email for a confirmation.
- Fill in your details and your company details. Accept the terms & conditions and proceed to pay.
- That’s it! You are ready to use the Accuranker professional plan that allows you to track 1000 keywords per month.
- Enter your domain name on the search box on the dashboard and enter your keywords.
- You will get accurate data related to your keywords, domain, SERP features swiftly.
- You can also analyze your competitor’s keyword positions and domains.
Accuranker Pricing Details
It costs $109/month for the Professional plan which allows you to track 1000 keywords.
SERPWatcher by Mangools is one of the most advanced Google keyword position checkers with an incredible UX. Tracking keywords with SERPWatcher takes less than 2 minutes. The only thing you need to do is enter your domain, keywords, location and preferable devices.
How to track keywords positions on Google using SERPWatcher?
- Create an account, it is recommended to use a 10-day free trial which you can launch in a couple of minutes.
- Provide your email and confirm the email. Launch the free trial where you will not be asked for any credit card details.
- After creating the account, go to the dashboard and fill in tracking details such as domain URL, location, search platform and dump your keywords. Click on start tracking.
- The tool shows you the keyword position on Google.
- You can also check your performance index in the future with the historical data.
You can do keyword research most efficiently using the KWFinder by Mangools.
SERPWatcher by Mangools Pricing Details
- Basic Plan: $26.91/month
- Premium Plan: $35.91/month
- Agency Plan: $71.91/month
SERPWatcher offers paid plans that provide keyword lookups, suggestions, competitor keywords, SERP lookups, tracked keywords daily, backlink rows, and site lookups.
RankWatch is such an easy tool to track your keyword position rankings. Over 25000 customers in more than 25 countries use RankWatch as their happy SEO tool and enjoy the benefits like keyword position tracking, SERP tracking, backlinks, etc.
RankWatch saves your precious time by providing you accurate data of your keyword rankings so that you can focus on your other important tasks.
So create an account and get a free-trial for 14 days and track your keywords every day.
How to track your keyword positions with RankWatch?
Here are the easy steps…
- Visit RankWatch, you will see a page offering free trial.
- Provide your email address and click on Try For Free.
- Fill in your information, and confirm your email id.
- It just takes 2 minutes to launch your free trial.
- After you can access the dashboard, enter your domain, preferable search engine, country and city.
- Enter your keywords manually or import from CSV files or Google Analytics.
- That’s it! You can view your keyword position ranks with other insights such as competitors, ads, links etc.
You can enjoy the RankWatch free trial for absolutely 14 days with no credit cards required.
RankWatch Pricing Details
- M Plan: $29/month for 250 keywords
- L Plan: $99/month for 1500 keywords
- XL Plan: $449/month for 7500 keywords
- Customer Tallored Plan: $58/month for 500 keywords and are customizable.
Moz Rank Tracker is one of those fastest keyword tracking tools that tracks your keyword rankings swiftly and most accurately. You can sign up for a free trial for 30-days and access unlimited benefits such as instant ranking reports, competitor analysis, discover prospective keywords, SERPs on major search engines, keyword difficulty etc. The amazing features offered by Moz will let you grow your website to new heights in a short time with all proper SEO strategies.
So, how do you check your keyword position rankings with Moz Rank Tracker?
- Visit RankTracker and start your 30-day free trial.
- Enter your details, you need to provide your credit card details in order to access the free trial.
- Enter your URL, preferable search engine, location, and keywords.
- You will get a complete report of keyword ranks, and overall keyword metrics etc.
The only limitation with Moz Rank Tracker is that it asks you for credit card details however, you will not be charged during the free trial period. You can upgrade to a Pro account if you are happy with its services.
Contact Moz customer support for pricing details.
Aherfs is another incredible keyword rank tracking software. Undoubtedly is one of the efficient tools for all SEO needs such as keyword rankings, competitor analysis, traffic analysis etc.
Ahrefs also allows you to access free trial for 7 days but charges $7. You can either choose the Lite plan which costs $99/month or the Standard plan that costs $179/month and star using your trial account
How to track keywords position rankings with Ahrefs?
- The user experience with Ahrefs is also pretty easy.
- Launch your free trial by filling in your details and completing payment.
- Go to dashboard, enter your domain, keywords, location and start tracking.
Ahrefs Pricing Details
- Lite Plan: $99/month
- Standard Plan: $179/month
- Advanced Plan:$399/month
- Agency Plan:$999/month
Majestic Keyword Checker
Majestic is one of the popular keyword tracking tools that provides useful insights into the keyword rankings. But you need to get a Pro plan to get access to the keyword checker tool.
All you need to do is enter your domain name and keywords to track their ranks on different search engines.
You can track the keyword positions based on the locations you choose. So, what are you waiting for? Purchase the Majestic Pro plan and enjoy numerous SEO tools that help you grow your website. Here are the pricing details.
Majestic Pricing Details
- Lite Plan: $49/month/user
- Pro Plan: $99/month/user
- API Plan: $399/month/5 users
Majestic does not offer any free trial, so get the Pro plan to gain access to Rank Checker.
Authority Labs by Traject is a dedicated SEO rank tracking software that reports accurate data. The best part is that you can simply track the keywords on your domain and Authority Labs doesn’t irritate you with additional downloads or contracts.
How to check your keyword position rankings with Authority Labs?
- Visit Authority Labs, click on Start 14-days Free Trial.
- Provide your details and confirm your email address. The keyword position checker tool doesn’t ask you for any credit card details.
- Head into the dashboard, and add your domain.
- Enter keywords, location, search engine and devices.
- That’s it you can track your domain and accurate keyword positions. Thus grow your website with helpful insights.
Authority Lab Pricing Details
- Plus Plan: $49/month
- Pro Plan:$99/month
- Pro Plus Plan: $225/month
- Enterprise Plan: $450/month
Woorank is one of the fastest and instant SEO checker and SEO audit tools. The tool is specialized with automated site reports that help you in optimizing your website and planning your marketing strategies more efficiently. Woorank offers you the easy-to-use dashboard that provides deep insights into website analytics and lets you connect the marketing data.
You can access the Woorank keyword position checker with a 14-day free trial. You need to provide your credit card details in order to launch your free trial account, however, they will deduct money only after the trial ends.
Woorank Pricing Details
- Pro Plan: $59.99/month for 50 keywords
- Premium Plan: $179.99/month for 250 keywords
- Entreprise Plan: Contact the support team for pricing
With the growing competition in any industry, few of the factors such as keywords and their relevance have become the major rank deciding constraints on search engines. Moreover, these are not going to change any time in the future. Hence, every website, no matter the scale, needs to focus on the keywords used on their domains in order to rank among the first 10 or 20 positions in the search engine result pages.
The keyword position checker tools discussed above provide great insights about the keywords present in your domain and their positions thus helping you to sustain on the first page of search engine rankings as well as in the industry. Hope this article about Google keyword position checker tools or overall keyword position checker tools helps you in picking the right SEO tool for tracking your keywords. Moreover, all the above tools can act as your primary SEO tool as they are perfect tools for performing site audit, backlink audit, competitor analysis and the list goes on.