All of us are seeing how the business world or the world in general, is rapidly changing around us. Everyone can clearly see how things were 10 years ago and how things are now. Businesses have evolved from being local or national to becoming international very easily. Humans these days are always trying to turn everything into an enterprise. Earlier businesses were related to either selling products or services. Later it became both products and services. Even then there were limited types of services one could offer to the masses. But the digitalization of enterprises has completely changed the way of conducting businesses.
Now there are no limitations on what types of services one could offer. A few years ago if a person had to go around a city they had to stand on the side of a road and stop a cab. But now they can just open their smartphones and book a cab through the uber app. This is just one example of how making a need for convenience became an international enterprise. Now we have all kinds of services from cleaning, hair cutting and whatnot are being offered. They are just one click away from your doorstep. All of this is made possible through their online presence. Almost every business in the world these days is craving for online popularity. Because they know that having an online presence would make them reach a much wider audience. It not only helps them to sell their services but also to promote their organization. This helps them to extend their businesses to other areas.
It is not a secret that businesses do all these through their websites. But where is all the information about these websites stored? What makes these websites do all the functions they are capable of? Where do businesses get the technology and infrastructure to post their website on the internet? Every organization is given the ability to post something on the internet through web hosting services.
What is a web hosting service?
A web hosting service is a service that helps any business or organization to post something on the internet. It makes sure that an organization has all the required technology to make their website visible on the internet for others to view it. All the information regarding the websites is stored in servers provided by the web hosting services. When someone wants to find they have to type your domain name or address into the browser. The search results in finding the server where your webpage is stored. After finding your webpages they are delivered to the client through the browser. But in order to host a website on a web hosting platform one needs their individual domain. Without having your own domain you cannot host your website through most of the services. The web hosting companies will either suggest you to buy a domain or they will help you in purchasing one.
All businesses do not need the same level of quality of web hosting that other businesses may require. This is due to the fact that they may not use it for e-commerce purposes. They may just simply want a website to give an idea of the work they do. They just want to advertise their services through their websites. All they need is a simple webpage that explains their line of work and location. Because that’s all they want at the moment. It can also be due to their incapability to afford a costly web hosting service. In such cases, they can opt for cheap web hosting services. Cheap Web hosting services satisfy the basic needs of any small business or enterprise. Some may not want cheap web hosting instead they want high-quality web hosting services. But remember that a high-quality web hosting also means a high price. Since they cannot afford that it is best for them to go for cheap web hosting to develop their business. This will help them in having an online presence without paying too much.
However, there are few features that are a must for any web hosting service. These features are as follows.
Disk space is the amount of storage space facilitated by the web hosting service. Make sure that you get sufficient space to store your files. These files may contain text, audio, and images related to your website. So should not run short of space even when you have a small amount of data.
Bandwidth is what decides the amount of traffic your website can have at a time. It means the greater the bandwidth the greater the number of people that can access your website at a given time. Even the type of information present in your website determines your bandwidth. If someone wants their website to have lots of graphics and visuals they need a web host with large bandwidth. So when you are opting for cheap web hosting make sure you are getting a bandwidth that can serve your purpose.
FTP is short for File Transfer Protocol. This is the protocol that is responsible for transferring the website files from your computer into the web hosting server. After that, the files will be displayed on your website. Using this you can also transfer the files from the website to your computer. This must have given you an idea of the significance of this protocol. Any data like images, audio and video can be uploaded to your website using this protocol. Select a cheap web hosting service that allows you to use this protocol 24/7.
If you did not know already then it is better to know that a good web hosting also offers you email services. These email addresses or accounts have your domain name associated with them. For example, the email address for your account would be firstname.lastname@example.org. It is also important that the service provider gives you SMTP and POP3 access. This will allow you to set up and access your accounts using smartphones.
Now it is ok to assume that you have some idea of what is web hosting and how cheap web hosting services should be. Below is a list and comparison of the top 10 cheap web hosting companies in case you need a web host.
|Provider||Product Name||Free Trial||MYVU Score||Visit Website|
Hostinger is one of the best options for people who are for a cheap web hosting service. The main advantage of this service is it makes it easy for a web developer to work. Hostinger has gained its popularity because of its speed, stability and streamlined way of web hosting at a very low cost. This company has local servers in nearly 39 countries. Hostinger has more than 29 million customers and an average of 20,000 users that signup every single day. The main focus of Hostinger is the shared hosting and scalability of virtual private servers. These servers are optimized for WordPress and website builders that have drag and drop feature. The virtual private servers also offer free domain and daily/ weekly backups for annual plans.
Hostinger guarantees an uptime of 99.99% which is another great reason to use it. The speed of page load on an average is 70 to 80 ms. By these standards, one can be assured that their website will be always up and running. Part of the reason for this is Hostinger being a cloud-based platform. There is no need of buying a domain as it offers a free domain to its customers. Apart from that Hostinger also offers email accounts and unlimited bandwidth. Even the customer support is available 24/7. You can access their support either by tickets or live chats.
Some of the features that Hostinger offers are daily backup, HTTP/2, Memcached, and access manager. It also has LVE containers for isolation of account and wanguard on switches for anti-DDoS protection. Hostinger server monitoring feature is predictive, reactive and proactive in real-time. It has LetsEncrypt and Cloudflare integrations. The SSD Drives provide extreme speeds. Hostinger also has automated and streamlined server deployment features. It has an intercom, CloudLinux and an intelligent WAF on every server it owns. Apart from all these features, Hostinger has its own custom hpanel.
- The site builder has no limitations.
- Very affordable pricing.
- Great site manager.
- It doesn’t provide support through mobile.
Shared web hosting plans:
- The single web hosting plan costs $.80/ month. It provides 10 GB storage, 1 IP address, and 100 GB bandwidth along with one domain.
- Premium web hosting plan is for $3.49/ month. It provides unlimited storage, IP addresses, bandwidth, and domains.
- The business web hosting plan costs $7.95/ month. It provides unlimited storage, IP addresses, bandwidth, and domains.
VPS Hosting Plans:
- VPS SERVER PLAN 1 is for $3.95/month. It provides 20 GB storage, 1 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 1000 GB.
- The VPS SERVER PLAN 2 costs $9.95/month. It provides 40 GB storage, 2 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 2000 GB.
- VPS SERVER PLAN 3 is for $16.95/month. It provides 60 GB storage, 3 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 3000 GB.
- The VPS SERVER PLAN 4 costs $19.95/month. It provides 80 GB storage, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 4000 GB.
- VPS SERVER PLAN 5 is for $29.95/month. It provides 120 GB storage, 6 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 5000 GB.
- The VPS SERVER PLAN 6 costs $37.95/month. It provides 160 GB storage, 8 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 6000 GB.
Dedicated server plans:
- Cloud Startup plan is for $12.98/month. It provides 40 GB storage, 3 GB RAM, unlimited bandwidth and domains.
- The Cloud Professional plan is for $24.95/month. It provides 80 GB storage, 6 GB RAM, unlimited bandwidth and domains.
- Cloud enterprise plan is for $45.95/month. It provides 120 GB storage, 12 GB RAM, unlimited bandwidth and domains.
Another popular cloud-based web hosting service is Bluehost. It has domain registration along with virtual private servers and shared hosting. Bluehost has an interface that is very simple and easy to use. If you are using WordPress then it offers a single-click installation option. All these options are offered at incredibly low prices. What’s interesting actually recommends to use Bluehost because of its ease of installation and management. Apart from being affordable it Bluehost provides excellent support and advanced features to its low tier customers. Bluehost runs its own data centers, fiber connections and Linux kernel using custom servers. Due to this, it can offer in-house services to its customers. Bluehost has great plans if you are concerned about bandwidth. It offers high storage spaces and bandwidth for a very low cost.
Bluehost also provides reseller hosting options and other features that one will be interested in while looking for cheap web hosting. A customer can make most of Bing and Google advertising if they use Bluehost. Another important reason for using Bluehost is the way it bills the customers. Bluehost charges its customers based on the length of the contract. This service is useful for the ones who use WordPress, Joomla, and Drupal. Because they are PHP applications and they need lightweight installs. Bluehost assures that your website will be secured and up all the time. The vendor ensures this by providing diesel generators and UPS for power backups. If you find any fault in power backup you can use the toll-free refund to withdraw from the service.
Bluehost has features such as fast servers, control panel, and MySQL. It also has SSH secure shell access, single-click installs and true resource management. Bluehost offers WordPress, Perl and uptime guarantee. You can build your website using Joomla, PHP, and Linux through Bluehost. Bluehost customers have options for account and power backup. Unlike many other web hosting service providers Bluehost has a money-back guarantee.
- It has free add-ons.
- Provides excellent support.
- It gives free advertising credits.
- Great uptime guarantee.
- It gives unlimited bandwidth and storage.
- The default DNS has a single set.
- Reseller accounts have slow sites.
- It doesn’t have any windows servers.
- No free site migrations.
- The CPU usage is limited.
Shared Web Hosting Plans:
- The basic plan is for $2.95/month. It provides 50 GB storage, unlimited bandwidth, and 1 domain.
- Plus plan costs $5.95/month. It provides unlimited storage, bandwidth and domains.
- The prime plan is for $5.95/month. It provides unlimited storage, bandwidth and domains.
- Pro plan costs $13.95/month. It provides unlimited storage, bandwidth and domains.
VPS hosting plans:
- The standard plan costs $19.99/month. It provides 30 GB storage, 1 IP addresses, 1 domain and 2 GB RAM with unlimited bandwidth.
- Enhanced plan is for $29.99/month. It provides 60 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 1 domain and 4 GB RAM with unlimited bandwidth.
- The ultimate plan costs $59.99/month. It provides 120 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 1 domain and 8 GB RAM with unlimited bandwidth.
Dedicated server plans:
- The standard plan costs $79.99/month. It provides 500 GB storage, 3 IP addresses, 1 domain and 4 GB RAM with 5 TB bandwidth.
- Enhanced plan is for $99.99/month. It provides 1 TB storage, 4 IP addresses, 1 domain and 8 GB RAM with 10 TB bandwidth.
- The premium plan is for $119.99/month. It provides 1 TB storage, 5 IP addresses, 1 domain and 16 GB RAM with 15 TB bandwidth.
iPage is a web hosting service that provides a wide range of web hosting solutions for webmasters and online businesses. It does so so that they can create their own websites. When iPage was first founded in 1998 it was a web service provider. Then the company relaunched itself as a web hosting service. At present iPage hosts more than a million websites in two large data centers that it owns. The hosting solutions offered by iPage are simple and flexible which are great for websites that are social, personal and non-profitable. iPage page is also a great example of the way it does its business through an eco-friendly manner. All of its servers, data centers, and offices are powered by wind energy. Because it is powered by wind energy the company offsets its energy use by 200% and reduces carbon footprint.
The highlights of iPage are its ease of use and it’s drag and drop feature which is for free. This enables anyone to build beautiful websites with the least amount of effort required. It offers the users thousands of site templates that are customizable. iPage also has a suite that contains free marketing tools. You can use these marketing tools to optimize the online presence of your website the way you want. If you are subscribed to an annual plan then you can register your domain name for free. You can build photo galleries, online stores and blogs using any number of suitable applications. To monitor and manage your website presence in the search results it uses Google webmaster tools. iPage provides ad credits of $200 for both Bing and Google.
Many monitoring reports state that iPage has an uptime of 99.84%. iPage has two data centers with thousands of servers and several petabytes of storage space. It has many routers that connect those servers to the world through BGP of multiple providers. iPage provided expert support and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Many web hosting services have traditional cPanel. But the hosting plans of iPage have VDeck panels. The VDeck panels have a lot more functionalities and tools that cpanels do not offer. It is easy for the beginners to use a VDeck panel. Some of the functionalities of VDeck panel are website management, account management, and email management. It also has marketing services, e-commerce services and 1- click installs.
- Experts provide customer support.
- Very user-friendly hosting service.
- Inexpensive hosting service.
- It contains many third-party applications.
- Strong uptime.
- Demands extra fees for additional services.
- It doesn’t have a cPanel.
- iPage doesn’t allow free site migrations.
Shared web hosting:
- The Essential plan costs $1.99/month. It provides unlimited storage, IP addresses, and domains with scalable bandwidth.
VPS Hosting Plans:
- Basic plan costs $19.99/month. It provides 40 GB storage, 1 IP addresses, 1 domain, 1 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 1 TB.
- The business plan is for $47.99/month. It provides 90 GB storage, 1 IP address,1 domain, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 3 TB.
- Optimum plan costs $79.99/month. It provides 120 GB storage, 1 IP addresses, 1 domain, 8 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 4 TB.
Dedicated server plans:
- The startup plan costs $199.99/month. It provides 500 GB storage, 3 IP addresses, 1 domain, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 5 TB.
- Professional plan is for $151.99/month. It provides 1000 GB storage, 4 IP addresses, 1 domain, 8 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 10 TB.
- The enterprise plan costs $191.99/month. It provides 1000 GB storage, 5 IP addresses, 1 domain, 16 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 15 TB.
Brent Oxley founded HostGator in the year of 2002 when he was a student at Florida Atlantic University. HostGator is a web hosting service that is designed for WordPress. This platform is great for webmasters as it contains many functionalities that are useful for them. It offers virtual private servers, domain service packages and shared web hosting to its users. The ability of services dedicated hosting is what sets it apart from the other competitors. It is an excellent web hosting service for entrepreneurs and individual use. HostGator provides dedicated hosting service by giving its users their own physical server. Whether you run it on the Linux platform or Windows platform the price for the services remains the same. HostGator provides plans for those who require more resources to run their commercial businesses.
Using one can host virtual private servers through which you would share hardware with other clients. But your server will be running separately as another virtual machine. By using this option one can obtain all the functionalities at lower costs. An organization can always keep their site up and running if they are using WordPress as a managing solution for their content. Every plan of HostGator gives freebies which are useful for the users. It offers website builder tools like Weebly and nearly 4500 website templates all for free. HostGator provides transfer for scripts, free site migration, and MySQL. The Planet rents it’s space to HostGator for its data centers. HostGator keeps its 12000 servers safe and secure through fire detection, power backups and monitoring the servers constantly.
It guarantees an uptime of 99.9% and updates service status using RSS feed. Except for dedicated servers, all of HostGator’s accounts are backed up every week. Currently, HostGator hosts over eight million domains. Some of the big names it hosts are AT&T, Cisco, and Dell. You cannot oversell as it does not offer more capacity than it promises. But this an exception for dedicated servers and virtual private servers which allows you to oversell. This has to be done at your own risk as the service does not take responsibility for overselling.
- It offers unlimited bandwidth, storage, and email addresses.
- Contains a fast server with 99.9% uptime.
- Provides 24/7 customer support.
- Configuring emails and installing word press is easy.
- It offers a full money-back guarantee for 45 days
- Basic plans offer only one domain.
- Overloaded shared hosting.
- It seems quite hard to generate bills.
Shared web hosting plans:
- The hatchling plan costs $4.86/month. It provides unlimited storage, IP addresses, and bandwidth along with one domain.
- Baby plan is for $6.96/month. It provides unlimited storage, IP addresses, bandwidth, and domains.
- The business plan is for $10.46/month. It provides unlimited storage, IP addresses, bandwidth and domains
VPS hosting plans:
- The snappy 500 plan is for $11.97/month. It provides 25 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 512 MB RAM and a bandwidth of 500 GB.
- The Snappy 1000 plan costs $33.97/month. It provides 60 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 1000 MB RAM and a bandwidth of 1 TB.
- Snappy 2000 plan is for $57.97/month. It provides 120 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 2000 MB RAM and a bandwidth of 1.5 TB.
- The snappy 4000 plan is for $81.97/month. It provides 165 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 4000 MB RAM and a bandwidth of 2 TB.
- Snappy 8000 plan is for $99.97/month. It provides 240 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 8000 MB RAM and a bandwidth of 2 TB.
Dedicated server plans:
- Basic Dedicated server Linux plan is for $105/month. It provides 500 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 10 TB.
- Standard Dedicated server Linux plan is for $132/month. It provides 1 TB storage, 3 IP addresses, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 15 TB.
- Elite Dedicated Server Linux plan is for $168/month. It provides 1 TB storage, 4 IP addresses, 8 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 20 TB.
- Pro Dedicated server Linux plan is for $225/month. It provides 1 TB storage, 5 IP addresses, 16 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 25 TB.
- The Basic Dedicated server windows plan is for $105/month. It provides 500 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 10 TB.
- Standard Dedicated server windows plan is for $132/month. It provides 1 TB storage, 3 IP addresses, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 15 TB.
- Elite Dedicated server windows plan is for $168/ month. It provides 1 TB storage, 4 IP addresses, 8 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 20 TB.
- Pro Dedicated server windows plan is for $225/month. It provides 1 TB storage, 5 IP addresses, 16 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 25 TB.
FatCow is a web hosting solution that is both reliable and affordable for the people who are looking for a simple web hosting service. It was established in the year 1998 with a mission to provide simple web hosting for its users. Even though it gained popularity over the years it still stuck to its roots of being affordable and simple. Apart from its hosting packages, FatCow is well known for its responsive and fast customer support. The main reason for choosing FatCow is it offers a free domain name. The amount you need to pay for the bandwidth and storage depends on your requirements. It offers free templates for websites and blogs that you can use at any time along with unlimited mailboxes. You can manage your blog content using WordPress or Joomla. If you use FatCow you can get a search credit of $100 for Bing ads and a bonus of $100 for Google AdWords.
It is not mandatory for you to create a website if you are using FatCow. The service can transfer an existing domain to you for free. This cost-effective method is very helpful to single owner websites and small businesses. If someone believes they can extend their online presence FatCow offers dedicated hosting and virtual private server packages. This gives the users more flexibility and control over their websites. The only downside of FatCow is it does not give out any information regarding its downtime or uptime. It also doesn’t give a guarantee on its uptime.
FatCow offers lots of disk space and bandwidth. It is effortless to create websites using its site creation tools. Blogs and forums can be installed easily. It offers wizards to add open source apps. FatCow provides free Yahoo and Google advertising. Other important services provided by FatCow are marketing, e-commerce, and domain. FatCow also offers website management, scripting, and email services. It enables users to build e-store using the shop site.
- This service is a great option for anyone as it is very simple to use.
- The pricing is very affordable.
- It does not offer any uptime guarantee.
- FatCow has no cPanel.
Shared web hosting plans:
- The original FatCow plan costs $49/year. It provides unlimited storage, bandwidth, domains, and IP addresses.
VPS hosting plans:
- Basic plan is for $194779.99/ month. It provides 40 GB storage, unlimited domains, 1 IP address, 148 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 134 TB.
- The business plan costs $47.99/ month. It provides 90 GB storage, unlimited domains, 2 IP addresses, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 3 TB.
- Optimum plan costs $79.99/ month. It provides 120 GB storage, unlimited domains, 2 IP addresses, 8 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 4 TB.
Dedicated server plans:
- The startup plan costs $119.99/ month. It provides 500 GB storage, unlimited domains, 3 IP addresses, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 5 TB.
- Professional plan is for $151.99/ month. It provides 1000 GB storage, unlimited domains, 4 IP addresses, 8 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 10 TB.
- The enterprise plan costs $191.99/ month. It provides 1000 GB storage, unlimited domains, 5 IP addresses, 16 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 15 TB.
A2 Hosting was established in the year 2001. Since then it has consistently provided some of the fastest speeds by any servers. A2 Hosting is a developer-friendly platform that offers great customer support. The change in rates after your initial purchase is relatively high. But still, if you want a web hosting service that is fast it is a good option. It offers you the scalability of your website as it grows. A2 Hosting guarantees an uptime of 99.9% which is a huge plus to consider it for hosting your website. Even the loading time of A2 Hosting is quite impressive. A2 Hosting offers its customers unlimited bandwidth and storage space. It ensures a great user experience through the support team and its interface that is easy to navigate.
One of the most important things about A2 Hosting is its ease of use. The accessibility of customer support and straight forward administration of cPanel results in solving any issues quickly. It has one-click integrations for Joomla, Drupal, and WordPress. A2 Hosting also has e-commerce integrations for OpenCart and Magento. You can select the PHP version and access embedded analytics if you want more hands-on during setup. One can run python scripts if they want to add more features and tools. There are various possibilities when you have great uptime like A2 Hosting. The loading time for plans that have the turbo feature is much faster than other plans. They can be almost twice as fast compared to the normal standards.
All the features of A2 Hosting vary depending on their price. But it effectively delivers all the features it promises that one would get for the subscribed plan. It is so simple to migrate a website if you already have one. A2 Hosting offers unlimited storage space and bandwidth that lets you design your website the way you want. The basic account offers you 25 email addresses you can use for your business purposes. A2 Hosting has the every to enhance your site using Magento and SSL certificates. It also has 1-click setups of OpenCart. A2 Hosting consists of FTP accounts, Apache 2.4 integration and an integrated Git Respiratory. Any problem can be subjected to troubleshooting using the quick restore which is backed up earlier. Apart from all these features, A2 Hosting offers excellent customer support. You can reach it via phone, live chat, Skype, customer portal and even through Twitter.
- It has a very efficient troubleshooting option.
- Provides customer support throughout the year.
- The service has very fast loading times.
- Guaranteed uptime is superb.
- It offers unlimited storage and transfer for every account.
- A2 Hosting automatically increases the prices of plans as soon as the initial plan ends.
- Some of the premium plans are very high.
- The live chat is slow sometimes.
- The shared hosting lite plan is for $3.92/month. It offers unlimited bandwidth and storage.
- WordPress hosting lite plan costs $3.92/month. It offers unlimited bandwidth and storage.
- Unmanaged VPS plan is for $5/month. It offers 2 TB bandwidth and 20 GB storage.
- The Unmanaged Dedicated Flex Server costs $99.59/month. It offers 1000 GB storage and 10 TB bandwidth.
- Reseller bronze plan is for $13.19/month. It offers unlimited storage and bandwidth.
JustHost is a web hosting company that is well for its moderate subscription plans with a wide range of shared web hosting options. Compared to other web hosting services JustHost has an administration panel that makes it easier for anyone to use it. Every plan of JustHost comes with a free domain and unlimited email accounts. Another major factor of this cheap web hosting service is that it provides unlimited bandwidth along with plenty of disk space. By using the JustHost hosting service you can get Facebook and Bing credits worth $50 and $100 Google AdWords credits for free. The service also provides free website builders using which anyone can effortlessly create their own websites and run them.
Apart from that JustHost also has single click installs and free scripts. This enables the quick setting up of a website almost immediately. JustHost gives access to the entire script library to everyone who signs up for the service. It gives you the ability to download and install all kinds of popular applications easily. These applications include simple platforms such as phpBB and also complicated platforms like osCommerce. JustHost has a unique anytime money-back guarantee despite being one of the cheap web hosting services available in the market. By looking at its email support, live chat and 24/7 one understand it offers great customer service. Even though JustHost claims to monitor its equipment throughout the day it does not guarantee any uptime percentage. If you are not satisfied by the service they provide you can claim the refund at any time for the rest of your hosting plan.
- It is very cost-effective.
- Great customer support.
- Incredible uptime.
- One needs to pay extra for other features.
- It contains some backup issues.
Shared web hosting plans:
- Its basic plan is $3.95/month. It provides 50 GB storage, unmetered bandwidth, 1 domain, and 5 IP addresses.
- Plus plan is for $6.95/month. It provides 150 GB storage, unmetered bandwidth, 1 domain, and 100 IP addresses.
- The prime plan costs $6.95/month. It provides unmetered storage, unmetered bandwidth, 1 domain, and unlimited IP addresses.
VPS Hosting Plans:
- The standard plan is for $19.99/ month. It provides 30 GB storage, 1 domain, 1 IP address, 2 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 1 TB.
- Enhanced plan costs $29.99/ month. It provides 60 GB storage, 1 domain, 2 IP addresses, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 2 TB.
- The Premium plan is for $44.99/ month. It provides 90 GB storage, 1 domain, 2 IP addresses, 6 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 2 TB.
- Ultimate plan is for $59.99/ month. It provides 120 GB storage, 1 domain, 2 IP addresses, 8 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 3 TB.
If you are looking for a great cheap web hosting service that supports WordPress then SiteGround is made just for you. SiteGround is one of the most popular services for WordPress. This due to its excellent security solutions WordPress speeds. The above features ensure that your website has good security and speed all the time. It has many features that help you to run your site efficiently. Some of the features include GIT version control, CDN, one-click installation. It also has the ability of automatic updates and WP caching. All these functionalities help enable you to run your website all the time.
SiteGround’s other great quality is the fact that it provides web services basing the location of its customers. This service is able to achieve this feat because of its data centers that are situated in various continents around. SiteGround has its data centers in places like Asia, Europe and the United States of America. It guarantees an uptime of 99.9% as SiteGround has some of the fastest servers. As mentioned earlier it focuses greatly on the security aspects. It consists of security measures like hotlink protection, anti-hacking monitoring, and anti-spam applications. All of your passwords are kept safe by a feature called service’s Leech protect. Using its password checker feature one can know password strength.
SiteGround offers freebies like free setup, migration and free domains. It also provides daily backups, unlimited emails, free Cloudflare CDN and bandwidth. SiteGround has a built-in control panel that enables the users in the creation of multiple email addresses. It has the capabilities to access open source applications like Cs-cart, Magento and PrestaShop. These are all the features that one needs to set up shopping carts, online stores, and other e-commerce services. SpamAssassin, SpamExperts, anti-spam software tools, and HackAlert monitoring are among some of its other security features.
- It provides better security and performance through Cloudflare integration.
- Ability to choose server locations.
- Automatic backup.
- It provides good customer support.
- Offers limited bandwidth and storage.
- It does not have windows hosting.
Shared web hosting plans:
- Its startup plan is $3.95/month. It provides 10 GB storage and bandwidth of 10,000 visits.
- GrowBig plan costs $ 5.95/month. It provides 20 GB storage and bandwidth of 25,000 visits.
- The GoGeek plan is for $11.95/month. It provides 30 GB storage and bandwidth of 100,000 visits.
VPS Hosting Plans:
- The Entry plan is for $80.00/ month. It provides 40 GB storage, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 5 TB.
- Business plan is $120.00/ month. It provides 60 GB storage, 6 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 5 TB.
- The Business Plus plan is for $160.00/ month. It provides 80 GB storage, 8 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 5 TB.
- Enterprise plan costs $240.00/month. It provides 120 GB storage, 10 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 5 TB.
Dedicated server plans:
- Entry server plan is for $229/ month. It provides 500 GB storage, 5 IP addresses, 4 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 5 TB.
- The Power server plan is $329/ month. It provides 1 TB storage, 5 IP addresses, 16 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 5 TB.
- Super Power server plan is for $429/ month. It provides 4×500 GB storage, 5 IP addresses, 16 GB RAM and a bandwidth of 5 TB.
HostPapa is a company based in Canada whose aim is to provide web hosting services through eco-friendly methods. It intends to achieve this feat using green energy. HostPapa is a private firm that was founded in the year 2006 with the goal of providing shared web hosting services for affordable prices. It also provides virtual private servers and reseller hosting plans. Unlike many other web hosting services, HostPapa offers SEO tools to its customers for free. HostPapa also provides a Fantastico script installer that has the ability to support Joomla, wikis, WordPress, and more. If you want a money-back option the service gives 30-day money-back guarantee.HostPapa guarantees customers to provide an uptime of 99.9%. Having said that it does not offer any kind of refund on its downtime.
This web hosting service’s data centers contain advanced security measures and infrastructure. To ensure its customer’s safety HostPapa has diesel generators, UPS power supply, and 24/7 network monitoring. It backup servers regularly so that the customers do not have to worry if a system failure occurs. On top of that, the company keeps instructing it’s users to back up their sites data related to them regularly. HostPapa has an email service that is very secure and reliable. It contains the feature of drag and drop website builder. HostPapa provides easy web access and user-friendly accounts for its customers along with free domain registration. It provides customer support through email, live chat, and telephone support. What’s great about its customer support is that it offers multi-lingual support to its users.
- It offers websites, customer support, and tutorials in multiple languages.
- Reseller hosting plans are flexible.
- Very ideal for small and medium businesses.
- Shared hosting servers are a bit slow.
- It has inconsistent customer support.
Shared hosting plans:
- The starter plan is for $1.95/month. It provides 100 GB storage, unlimited bandwidth along with 2 domains and 109 IP addresses.
- Business plan is $3.95/month. It provides unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, domains, and IP addresses.
- The Business Pro plan costs $12.95/month. It also provides unlimited storage, unlimited bandwidth, domains, and IP addresses.
VPS Hosting Plans:
- VPS-Plus plan for Linux is for $49.99/ month. It provides 50 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 1.5 GB RAM and unlimited bandwidth.
- The VPS-Pro plan for Linux is for $79.99/ month. It provides 100 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 3 GB RAM and unlimited bandwidth.
- VPS-Premium plan for Linux is $149.99/ month. It provides 200 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 6 GB RAM and unlimited bandwidth.
- The VPS-Plus plan for windows is for $79.99/ month. It provides 50 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 2 GB RAM and unlimited bandwidth.
- VPS-Pro plan for windows costs $129.99/ month. It provides 100 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 4 GB RAM and unlimited bandwidth.
- The VPS-Premium plan for windows is $199.99/ month. It provides 200 GB storage, 2 IP addresses, 6 GB RAM and unlimited bandwidth.
The last web hosting service in this top 10 cheap web hosting companies is InMotion Hosting. InMotion Hosting is one of the most popular web hosting services as it provides applications of web hosting for various business organizations. Shared hosting, dedicated servers and Virtual private server hosting are some of the services that it offers. This cheap web hosting is highly suitable for businesses that are of small and medium scales. InMotion Hosting is a fast web hosting service which is cost effective backed by incredible customer support. The service guaranteed an uptime of 99.89% when it was tested across different sites. You can have direct data connections through peering exchanges around the world due to its collaboration with many top internet service providers.
The key features of InMotion Hosting include single click installation for various applications, scripts, e-commerce applications and web builder. This web hosting service supports both PHP and MySQL software. InMotion Hosting allows its users to rent a server and give it to other users using reseller hosting. The hosting plan of virtual private servers enables you to host an account on its virtual servers. These virtual servers all of its resources with every account present in them. Using the dedicated servers offered by the platform one is capable of using an unmanaged or managed private server. This enables the users to access resources that other accounts cannot access.
Email hosting service of InMotion Hosting allows users to manage their email accounts. They are managed by a third-party or native email application. InMotion Hosting contains SSD hosting, SSH hosting and ruby hosting. It also has PostgreSQL hosting, shared cPanel hosting and cheap dedicated servers.
- The service is highly flexible and reliable.
- US based tech support.
- Advanced security features.
- Consistently fast servers.
- Costly compared to some plans provided by other web hosting services.
- Limited number of databases and websites that one can run through their account.
Shared web hosting plans:
- The launch plan is $3.99/ month. It offers unlimited storage, IP addresses and bandwidth along with two domains
- Power plan is for $5.99/ month. It offers unlimited storage, IP addresses and bandwidth along with six domains.
- It’s pro plan costs $13.99/month along with unlimited domains, bandwidth, storage and IP addresses.
VPS Hosting Plans:
- VPS-1000HA-S plan is for $24.99/ month. It provides 75 GB storage, 3 IP addresses, 4 GB RAM, unlimited domains and 4 TB bandwidth.
- The VPS-2000HA-S is $39.99/ month. It provides 150 GB storage, 4 IP addresses, 6 GB RAM, unlimited domains and 5 TB bandwidth.
- VPS-3000HA-S plan costs $59.99/ month. It provides 260 GB storage, 5 IP addresses, 8 GB RAM, unlimited domains and 6 TB bandwidth.
Dedicated server plans:
- Essential plan is for $99.99/ month. It provides 1TB 7.2K HDD or 500 GB SSD storage, 5 IP addresses, 8 GB RAM, and 6 TB bandwidth.
- Advanced plan costs $159.99/ month. It provides 2TB 7.2K HDD or 500 GB SSD storage, 10 IP addresses, 16 GB RAM, and 10 TB bandwidth.
- Elite plan is $229.99/ month. It provides 2×2TB 7.2K HDD or 500 GB SSD or RAID 1 storage, 10 IP addresses, 16 GB RAM, and 10 TB bandwid
To sustain the competition in the current business world every business needs a website. Setting up their own data centers and servers will cost a heavy amount for any business. Apart from that they should also be capable of managing them which is a completely different challenge all by itself. But don’t worry there are many companies that let businesses to host their website through their web hosting services. It is not necessary to subscribe to a costly web hosting service. One can always find great web hosting services for cheap rates that can satisfy their needs. These services are very useful for small businesses that cannot afford to subscribe to costly web hosting services. Even cheap web hosting companies provide its users a great variety of features and incredible security along with customer support. This can be a cost effective options for businesses that want their websites to perform limited actions. Hope this article on top 10 Cheap web hosting companies helps you to find service that fits your needs.